Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday, December 9 - Persona Poetry - Zelda Fitzgerald





Back in the hospital

A fight has broken out again

Constant struggles are what I face

I keep getting sent back to this place

It’s past my time to shine

I was born a star

They hold back my light

Practice everyday

Stop trying to burn me out

Write, create, ballet, paint,

I will prove myself

Don’t make me wait

Quit shutting me out

Look at me, look at me

You sent me all those letters,

You couldn’t keep your eyes off of me,

Just look at me for a second

Why won’t you stop blaming me for it all?

That was my diary you took

Those were my struggles you stole

I’ll show the world my stories, not yours,

They will watch me dance

You left me trapped here

Everyone will see my art

You didn’t look at them, did you?

Did you hear me trying to die?

My body is too exhausted for this work,

Just put the bottle down already

I can’t stop this work

Stop locking me up

How am I supposed to work like this?

Where did you go?

We had a daughter didn’t we?

Where did my family go?

I’ve had enough of these lies

What’s this affecting my body?

Don’t hide me in your shadows

The flames gave me light

This place is coming down

Where did everyone go?

No comments:

Post a Comment