Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6 - Persona Poem


 
 
It’s another hot day here on the coast,

These days are always my favorite,

These kinds of days are always the best.

It’s perfect for another day for fun in the sun,

And time for rest.

On these special days, I’ll walk on the hot sand,

And let the cool blue ocean waves wash over my legs.

I’ll wear my favorite sun hat and stroll the beach,

My red bikini strapped to my body,

And shoes kicked by the shore,

I’ll spend another day in the waves.

Collecting sea shells in a bucket,

Going for a swim, sitting on the sand, I’ll have as much fun as I can.

A bonfire party at dusk,

The music will play, everyone I know will be there,

And maybe some that I don’t.

I’ll meet them there too.

We’ll dance on the sand and go for a surf,

Laughing, splashing, just being young,

We’ll be wilder than the waves and just as free.

Just like every Saturday, I’ll be relaxing at my home,

The beach.

Monday will come and school will be in,

They can take my week,

They can steal my time,

But they won’t take away my sun or my sand,

Not on my Saturdays at our local beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment