Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday, October 7 - The Flip Side


 
 
The classes?

Boring.

The people?

Boring.

Not all of them of course,

But enough to do the trick.

Where has my motivation gone?

Out the door with my patience.

Even here in October,

One of my favorite months of the year,

I can’t find the time to get anything done,

Or done right.

In only my second year,

I am more than ready to get out of here.

The noise, the crowd, the people, the work, the mundane routine,

God I’m just sick of it all.

Annoyed, unamused, and with my patience withering way,

I’m done. I’m so done.

To you school, I must say,

Goodbye and good day.

 

 

 

We wonder what is troubling our friend.

She sits there ever so quietly, at least,

Quieter than usual.

Last year, so cheery and excited,

So full of laughter and life,

But that seems to have faded.

She talks about the work she won’t, or can’t do.

We nod and shrug it off, that’s the habit of a teen anyway.

Everyday it’s another story about how the classes she’s in,

She’s no longer doing so good.

Why, we must ask ourselves.

Why is our friend, once brighter than ever,

Now sitting unentertained,

Her light bulb fading out of its once brilliant lumosity?

Why does she sit there on the edge quietly?

Listening in more than participating?

Out of our generosity,

We will leave her with her thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you did capture what goes on in a high schoolers life, and what we really do think, why we do hate school, and don't want to come. I honestly think it was great, and couldn't of made it better with any changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like it could be very true for many high schoolers, and I liked how descriptive you were in this piece, although I feel it would of been better if the opposition were written from a teacher's point of view (Just a though, all in all I really enjoyed reading this).

    ReplyDelete