Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday, August 26 - Concert


 
 
            The blue lights flash and stream out from the top of the stage, spraying over the many fans crowded in for the concert. Fog is pouring out from behind the curtains as the artist steps onto the stage. Screams and clapping erupt from the audience as they cheer on the performer while she walks up to the middle of the stage, readying herself for tonight’s performance. As she raises her instrument to her left shoulder, the noise dies down. The people are now waiting in silent anticipation, waiting for what they came for. Everyone breathes in quietly and out quietly, their eyes never once leaving the musician. That’s when the music started. The beautiful sound quietly spread across the ocean of azure like a single, lonely wave. A small tremolo to accompany the light wubs and bangs coming from the speakers. The music then began to climax as she moved her bow across the strings, faster and faster. The bass dropped and she began to move and sway to the fast paced music. No one moved or cheered, they were too busy watching her move to the sound of the violin. Adrenaline coursed through my body as she played, causing my whole body to shutter from the angelic melody. As the music slowed, fake snow began to fall from above, an allusion to the original music video to the song. Crystallize. It was a name that fit the graceful tune.
           The speed and sound picked up again like a gust of wind swirling through the crowd. Music and sound alike slammed the audience back as she continued to play and spin to the beat. My heart slammed in my chest, and my body numbed, as if I couldn’t move. As if I were the one with snow falling around me in a castle of ice. The music captivated me. Soon enough, everything began to slow again; the song was coming to an end. And as fast as it had come, it all stopped, and the music was replaced with the sound of hundreds of screaming fans. I blinked as the people around me jumped up and down, cheering out for their idol. Lindsey Stirling. She smiled and waved while the man over the intercom announced that the concert was over. The horde of people continued to call out and whoop for her while I stood there and smiled. My first Lindsey Stirling concert will always be the best one I’ll ever go to. I’ll never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment