Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday, September 16 - The Spoon's Perspective


 
 
Oh my God. Oh God, oh God, oh God. Everything happened so fast. There I was, just sitting there in the drawer, happy and content, minding my own business. Then they came. The next thing I know I was in a bowl of ice cream and then thrown in the sink with a few of the other survivors. Oh my gosh, I don’t think I can handle this right now. Just, give me a second to calm my nerves because I am definitely on the verge of a panic attack here. Woah, okay I think I can do this. Sorry, but this is what happens when I don’t take my calming medication.

Oh right, the story, okay. Um well, what happened next? That’s right, next came the blinding light. Yeah that’s it, I think. Oh I feel so faint, I can barely think straight. So okay, the blinding light came and then I was in the air. Wow that sure was something. It’s not the first time I had been up in the air, but I don’t think I can ever get used to that feeling. My stomach is just too weak. Alright, anyway anyway, the next thing that happened was I was in this giant box, of sorts. My friends, family, neighbors, all of them were in there. Even the tea spoon, ah, so tragic. Well we were all crammed in, other utensils were touching me. It was incredibly upsetting and I had gotten to the point that I was breathing hard and was maybe about to have a panic attack? But I’m a brave little spoon so I hung in there. Oh gosh there were so many utensils in that little crowded area; I just couldn’t breathe in there!              

What next? Oh, um, that’s right! It started getting warm and there was water gushing everywhere. Not like the water that came from the white light kind of gushing, no like I mean Niagara Falls kind of gushing! At least, I think it’s like Niagara Falls. The humans set me on top of a paper with a picture of this “Niagara Falls” on it once. Ew, so many germs. Humans sure are disgusting. You don’t even want to see what’s inside their mouths, just ew! I’m not even gonna try to describe it since I didn’t take my anxiety medicine today. Okay back to the story and what not. The water was gushing, it was dark, everyone was screaming and panicking at this point. Don’t even get me started on how I felt, not like you would care anyway. But just for the record it was terrible, I was so ready to cry that day. I would “huddle up” if I could, but I won’t let my body bend that way. Don’t  mention this to Rod, but I’m pretty sure that being bent is a one way ticket to the trash. But, Rod still probably looks better than me. Not like I’m judgmental or  anything, I mean, I have some spots here in there. Maybe some scratches.

That’s right the story, oh God I hate myself for not staying on task so much. But um, anyway, everything was hot and sticky and wet. It was awful, truly truly awful. Dreadful really. That’s not the worst part though. Next came the bubbles. Oh God, the bubbles! Why the bubbles?! Bubbles everywhere, water spraying, screaming. The horror and tragedy of it all makes my stomach queasy. We were then set to something they later called the “rinse cycle.” More like the cycle of Death am I right? Well, you probably wouldn’t understand how we felt. Not like I’m discriminating against you or anything, but just throwing that idea out there. Finally it was over and we were all set back in that drawer. That whole experience traumatized me. I probably have PTSD now. Wow, what lousy friends I have, sending me on a ride that they knew would scare me. I told them that I wasn’t ready for the big rides but did they listen? No, they didn’t! I would get new friends but I’m awful and no one likes me, so I might as well stick with them for a while I guess. Oh God, thanks for listening to me, even if you’ll never understand my pain. Why did I even tell you all of this anyway, you probably don’t care! I’m gonna give myself anxiety if I don’t stop now. Even though my anxiety isn’t my fault. It probably is actually. I’m the worst.

1 comment:

  1. When I read your Spoon's Perspective story I felt the anxiety the spoon felt when it was thrown in the bowl and then into the sink was great and that is a good characteristic of a writer, although the sudden moments where the spoon goes to one topic and back to another can be confusing sometimes for people. I enjoyed your Perspective Story.

    ReplyDelete